Ok but imagine every other Hogwarts student finding out each year why the Defense against the dark arts teacher has left.
"Harry Potter kiLLED HIM WITH HIS BARE HANDS?"
"Harry Potter erASED HIS ENTIRE MEMORY?"
"Harry Potter let hiM TURN INTO A WEREWOLF?"
"Harry Potter disCOVERED HIM IN CHEST??"
"Harry Potter let heR GET CAPTURED BY CENTAURS?"
This honestly made me tear up. Imagining how great he must have felt that his planned worked and choosing that risk paid off.
I also feel like him and the model have such good chemistry, they’re always so kind and loving to one another.
Holy shit what did he do?? That’s rad as hell!
Since the runway was going to have simulated rain, he wanted to make the outfit become colorful because of it rather than deflect it. He sewed dye into the seams and once the rain hit it the dye ran! Very simple but super effective. He was one of the two winners of that challenge.
Absolutely brilliant. Holy shit.
It’s not John Green’s fault that Laverne Cox wasn’t included the TIME 100.
John Green did not make the decision to not include Laverne Cox in the TIME 100.
John Green being included in the TIME 100 and Laverne Cox not being included does not reflect badly on him— it reflects badly on TIME magazine.
Stop acting like children and place blame where it belongs instead of looking for a fucking scapegoat.
Stop being mad at John Green for things he didn’t do/he didn’t have control over 2K14
People really think that John Green shouldn’t be included in this list- probably because he’s white and a male and therefore has no real influence, it’s all fake and he’s made NO DIFFERENCE
Do your research.
- Since 2007, the project for awesome has raised way over $100000 for charities such as (in 2013) The Harry Potter Alliance, This Star Won’t Go Out, Not Forgotten, Save the Children, Liberty in North Korea, Childs Play, water.org, The Thirst Project, Partners for Mental Health, TECHO, To Write Love on Her Arms, The Office of Letters and Light, The World Food Programme, Feeding America (which works with food banks around the US), The Wayne Foundation, Pencils for Kids, Women for Women International, First Book, Kiva, Doctors without Borders
- He encourages people to be themselves, to act smart around other people and to learn and read and do good things
- His books have inspired so many other artists and writers
Not to mention one of the most popular covers of An Abundance of Katherines was designed by a nerdfighter
- Some of the music inspired by his books: (X) (X) (X) (X) (X)
- Nerdfighters are writing their own book as a collection
- Projects from the Nerdfighteria Projects page:
Vlogtubers (a group inspired by John and Hank to make awesome videos)
IttakesII (connecting siblings through youtube)
Generation of awesome (people making videos about what matters to them)
Again and again, more people inspired by the vlogbrothers to make videos and do amazing things to make friends and talk about things that matter (X)
- Quotes from John’s page from his watchers/ readers:
- “ I also felt inspired to expand my vocabulary. Elaborating my English grade largely.” - Rosie Jiggins, 14, England.
- “ I usually don’t read English books but you inspired me to read. your book are helping me through life and they are helping me to improve my writing skills.” - Tsion
- “I do not believe I have ever read anything where it felt as it had changed me, until I read The Fault In Our Stars.” - Brooklynn Hastey , age 15.
- “It has occurred to me that you have changed my life.” - Gracie
- “I have great admiration for you” - Ana Lara Sabino
- “Your honestly and compassion with which you write with makes me constantly change my perspective towards many things in life and want to change others perspectives with the same compassion and drive you have. ” - Samantha
- “ You really got me in to reading!” - Sally
- “I just wanted to post this letter to express the importance, and the impact that this moving book has left on me, and the thousands of other individuals who have been engulfed by TFIOS.” - ASMM 13
- "You have been one of the most inspirational authors whose books I’ve read." - Rachel
- “I am deeply grateful to you John, for the books that changed me.” - Stas
- This was literally just scrolling down for a minute or so. The page is literally filled with gratitude and thanks for his inspiration and books
- The #hairforhazel project got over a hundred people to donate at least 8 inches of hair for the Children with Hair Loss charity
- August 3 is Esther day, for John’s friend and amazing person who died of cancer when she was just 16. John Green told Esther that he and his brother Hank wanted to celebrate her birthday as long as there were vlogbrothers videos, and that the videos on that day could be about whatever she chose. After some reflection, Esther decided she wanted it to be a day to celebrate love for family and friends. So since 2010, August 3rd or Esther Day has become a holiday that reminds us to verbalize our love for friends and family, the important people in our lives who we might not remember to say “I love you” to very often. (X)
- And John green’s books are just as inspirational too:
- "What is the point in being alive if you don’t at least try to do something remarkable?" -ABOK
- "We are as indestructible as we believe ourselves to be.” - LFA
- "if you don’t imagine, nothing ever happens at all." PT
- "What a treacherous thing to think a person is more than a person." -PT
- "People lack good mirrors. It’s so hard for anyone to show us how we look, and so hard for us to show anyone how we feel." - PT
- And his actual vlogbrothers quotes:
- “Saying ‘I notice you’re a nerd’ is like saying, ‘Hey, I notice that you’d rather be intelligent than be stupid, that you’d rather be thoughtful than be vapid, that you believe that there are things that matter more than the arrest record of Lindsay Lohan. ”
- "Use your words"
- "The venn diagram of boys who don’t like smart girls and boys you don’t want to date, is a circle."
- "Nerd life is so much better than regular life."
- "When you acknowledge that there is nothing repulsive or unforgivable or shameful about yourself, it becomes easier to be that authentic person and feel like you’ve living a less preformed life."
- He treats women like real life people: “When of course, a women needs a strong man like a fish needs a bicycle.”
- "That’s always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people would want to be around someone because they’re pretty, it’s like picking breakfast cereal based on colour instead of taste.” - PT
And he does all of this while being an incredible husband, father of two and brother:
Yes, of course Laverne Cox deserved and should have been on that list
BUT SO DID JOHN GREEN
THIS IS NOT A PASTY ASS
THIS IS SOMEONE WHO HAS MADE A DIFFERENCE
why is peter pan always flying?
I love this joke because it never grows old
It has a nice hook.
This doesn’t make sense. I’m lost, boys
MAYBE THIS IS WHY TINKERBELL IS ALWAYS FUCKIN PISSED OFF
What I dont believe in fairies
My sincerest apologies to the random dude that I just French dipped in public and then proceeded to make a comic about.
this made its way back onto my dash why are there that many notes there should not be that many
A man in the grocery store line today approached me and said, “Sir, when I first saw you I was extremely attracted to you, but then I noticed that you are a boy. How… I mean, why do you dress so provocatively?”
I responded, “Well, in today’s world the majority of the straight male race view women as objects, or something that belongs to them. I dress provocatively because it attracts the attention of men in a sexual and OBJECTIVE way. However, when realized that I am actually male, they often become confused, disgusted, upset or all of the above. By inflicting this minor emotional damaged upon the ego of a man raised by twisted societal gender norms, maybe, just maybe the individual will think twice before viewing another woman with an objective attitude and sense of belonging. No woman, belongs to ANYONE. Male or female, the equality of human beings needs to be a priority. It is something worth dressing up for.”
I AM NOT KIDDING. The woman behind me, the female cashier, the old lady bagging groceries and the woman in front of me who was talking on the phone STOPPED, …. and proceeded to gasp and clap. The man shook my hand, told me to have a blessed day and then said, “excuse me ladies, I need to visit my daughter.”
…. I was shaking by the time I walked out of the store.
- Elliott Alexzander